I enjoy writing new year resolution for my art. Here is the list for 2019. Some of them are about working on my style and techniques. Other are about challenging myself with new art materials. And of course, they have to include business goals.
- Experiment with different brushes and painting knives. Usually I use sable brushes. I love how soft they feels.
- Use only artist quality oil paints. Challenge my self with new limited palette
- Paint bigger
- Paint more landscape less still life
- Travel and do plein air studies
- Take my own reference photos and minimize the use of CC0 license photos.
- Reflect mood and feelings in my paintings. They could be the mood of the subject or a feeling I want to show in the painting.
- Have a gallery represent my art
- Have my solo exhibition
- Win a competition
- Have my paintings featured in an art magazine
How about you? What are on you list
By the way I finished reading Landscape Painting inside and out by Kevin McPherson last week and I’m ready to paint.
Also, I created a Facebook event for the Parallax Art Fair I’m exhibiting my art in next February. You should come. Get your free ticket!
Happy Art Making!
Follow me on social media or join the email list to stay updated