Summary: How to paint white fluffy clouds and a semi-abstract sea with oil paints. Using nylon brushes and a palette knife.
How to paint clouds with oils:
- Start with the shadows, notice the shape of the shadow area (darkest dark)
- Be loose with your brush strokes
- Use at least 3 different values
- Using a round brush might be easier, but all brushes work fine.
- Soft brushes will help you blend and soften edges (the one I’m using is a nylon brush)
- Work wet on wet to create soft fluffy edges.
The links below are affiliate links and I get a commission after referred customer orders made through these links.