How I fix a mistake in a painting:
◽Leave the painting to dry for a few days
◽Add medium to the paint
◽Paint over what I don’t like, change the shape and/or colors, light direction, etc
◽I leave some of the previous layers showing to add more interest
Being a professional artist and building your own art business takes a lot of work. If you are ready to be a professional artist but not sure where to start and what you need, you should visit these websites. I included my favorite guide from each of them but you definitely should explore them and read the other articles they have.
- How To Prepare A Certificate of Authenticity by Agora Gallery
- How to Photograph Your Artwork (For Non-Photographers) by Phil Davies from Art Tutor
- Mastering Sunsets by Richard Robinson
His free PDF is available in English and Espanol. You can also purchase Mastering Sunsets video at this link (Important: I get commission after referred customer order made through this link)
- Control Your Time and Become a More Successful Artist by Jason Horejs from RedDotBlog
- How to Find Your Artistic Voice by Timothy M. Joe from EmptyEasel.com
I enjoy writing new year resolution for my art. Here is the list for 2019. Some of them are about working on my style and techniques. Other are about challenging myself with new art materials. And of course, they have to include business goals.
- Experiment with different brushes and painting knives. Usually I use sable brushes. I love how soft they feels.
- Use only artist quality oil paints. Challenge my self with new limited palette
- Paint bigger
- Paint more landscape less still life
- Travel and do plein air studies
- Take my own reference photos and minimize the use of CC0 license photos.
- Reflect mood and feelings in my paintings. They could be the mood of the subject or a feeling I want to show in the painting.
- Have a gallery represent my art
- Have my solo exhibition
- Win a competition
- Have my paintings featured in an art magazine
How about you? What are on you list
By the way, I finished reading Landscape Painting inside and out by Kevin McPherson last week and I’m ready to paint.
Happy Art Making!
I’m delighted to announce that I’ll be participating in Parallax Art Fair in London at Chelsea Town Hall. It will be 23-24 February 2019.
You can get your free ticket from their website in this link. Make sure you’re choosing the day you want and the event at Chelsea Town Hall and not Kensington Town Hall.
I’ll be painting new collection for the event, and might include some of my current painting.
Thank you all for the amazing support since I started sharing my artworks in 2016!