When it comes to building an art business there is a lot to figure out. To help myself stay organized and focus I wrote a list of things I want to go through to decide what’s next for my art, and I thought it might help other artists and photographers with their own art business.
- Other than your original artworks, what is it that you want to offer: prints, art lessons, others?
- Will your art business be about teaching art and art lessons?
- Will you be offering your art as prints and products?
- Will your prints be limited editions or open editions?
- How to make the best prints of your work?
- How to photograph your work?
- Do you want a gallery to present your work?
- Do you want to participate in art contests?
- Are planning to submit your work to an art show this year?
- When it comes to selling original work, can you explain your work?
- To whom you want to sell your art? (individuals, Art investors, art collectors, other?)
- Do you consider creating affordable original artworks?
- How do you want to market your work?
- What social media do you want to market your work on?
- What hashtags to use?
- What are the best websites for artists to join?
That’s what I have for now. Wish you the best of luck with your art business. Enjoy your day! 🙂